August 27, 2010

I have to be honest with you: This isn't really archaic art. It's just some random stuff I started to draw one day, in the middle of a boring class. It's only that. And then again it's more than that. At first I started doing quick sketches of my teacher or the guys sitting next to me. And after doing this for almost a year I got better at it. I improved. They say practice will often cause that... a certain improvement. If that's the case, I'll continue holding pens and nibs.


And since so many guys (well, only a few actually, but still…) in Nesarama, the Bendis Board, The Outhouse, Bleeding Cool and even ByrneRobotics have demanded a place for me to showcase whatever it is I come up with, I decided to follow suit. Hopefully, you'll enjoy this.


Arcadio Bolaños (AKA Arion).
_____________________________________________________________________


Hay que ser honesto: Este blog no tiene como tema principal el arte arcaico ni nada parecido. Es una reunión de los garabatos y bocetos que empecé a realizar un día cualquiera, en medio de una clase aburrida. Primero fueron bocetos un tanto primitivos que tuvieron como víctimas / modelos al profesor de turno o a quienes estuvieran sentados a mi alrededor. Pero con el paso del tiempo fui mejorando. La práctica hace el maestro... Y aunque todavía considero que buena parte de mis dibujos son un tanto crudos seguiré con el lápiza y la plumilla.


La idea del blog nació gracias a algunos amigos en páginas como Newsarama.com, jinxworld.com, theouthousers.com, bleedingcool.com y byrnerobotics.com


Eso es todo por ahora.


Arcadio Bolaños (AKA Arion).

No comments:

Post a Comment